Steggie and Ahtop are finished. The kids are thrilled and the dinosaurs are pretty giant. The final finishing is a bit fiddly – mostly because the animals are stuffed by then. Overall they were time-consuming but not hard. I used more than a kilogram of stuffing inside them and I probably could have fit more. Steggie used 930m of dk yarn and Ahtop 689m. I used a 2.5mm crochet hook.
Ahtop must watch the Wee Man but was not taken to bed last night. The only modification I made was to attach the final tail motif before stuffing. Because the dinosaur is much bigger than the original due to the yarn size I could get my hand inside his tail so it was easy enough to stuff the whole thing from the body side.
Like with the Triceratops I attached the final tail motif before stuffing and also had enough room in the neck to stuff the body after attaching it though I’d done most of it before. I also added spikes to the tail. I used the instructions for the Triceratops horns to make two large and two small and attached them in the same manner.