I might be avoiding working on the long rows of the Camellia Tee by working on other easy projects instead.
The other skein I picked up from NZ was 50g of fingering weight merino possum blend. It’s a lovely purpley colour and so soft. I planned to make a hat with it but didn’t at the time have a pattern in mind. The possum makes the yarn quite light for it’s yardage so there’s 240m of yarn in the 50g skein. Rosewater is a hat by TinCanKnits from the Handmade in the UK book which I’d purchased back when I knit my Lush Cardigan. I’d have thoughts of making it a some point and when the yardage matched up (requires 200m in the Adult S/M) I thought it’d be perfect. I didn’t swatch and used the needle sizes in the pattern (3.5mm and 4mm) and was a little bit worried about how small it looked when I finished it up a couple of days after starting especially as I used just under half of the yarn which was a lot less than expected. But blocking sorted it out and it’s a nice loose hat which comes down over my ears and despite the lace will be nice and warm.
The other project that I’ve been working on are the Flexure Mittens by K.M. Bedigan. They are mitts rather than mittens being fingerless but have a cool top down construction which incorporates the thumb by means of a flap that then joins up with the rest of the hand stitches. They look as though they fold over and button together but the buttons are actually decorative (mine came from Textile Garden). The yarn I used for this was two 50g skeins of BFL sock from Lofty Fibres which I received in my Fishmas swap package. The yarn is a lovely mix of greeny blues and purples and very soft. I’ve still got at least 35g left so will have to think about what to do with the rest. I made the medium size but went down to a 2.5mm needle as I know that gets me the desired gauge when I knit socks.