In the interest of using up some of the leftover dk and aran I have in my stash I’ve knitted Hobbit a colour-work hat. She’s rather interested in rockets at the moment so I looked around for rocket inspiration to make a chart for a hat.
There are 5 rockets around the hat with decreases in between them at the top. Knitting 4 would make a baby hat and 6 an adult hat so I might be using this pattern again. I’ve started with ribbing and then a bit of plain stockinette before starting the charts. The hat used most of 50g of the main colour and about half the ball of the contrast colour. I’m pleased I’ve got some use out of the yarn and she wore the hat as soon as it was dry from blocking so she’s happy too.