Well the weather never seemed to get to proper summer this year but the Hobbit started nursery school again yesterday and it is September today so I guess we are done with summer for the year. So did I accomplish my goals?
- rainbow of socks, wanted 5 of 7 pairs knitted, got 7 of 7 pairs knitted
- spring garden sugared violets shawl, wanted complete, got complete
- progress on blankets, got another 3 squares complete on one
- fibre spun, done and more as well
- Hobbit’s quilt done
- cross stitch complete and framed – not yet blogged
Overall I did well with my goals, I didn’t accomplish much sewing over the summer so have plans for that in the next wee while, but everything else I did more than expected which was great.
So what’s next? For September and October I aim to:
- quilting: continue making regular progress on the rainbow hand-quilting
- spinning: spin to half of the blue merino I’m working on and spin the kid mohair for a spin-a-long in September
- knitting: knit 3 kids sweaters, 6 vivid blanket squares, finish the socks I’m working on, a hat for Wee Man, finish the shetland and silk shawl
- cross stitch: complete the red and orange of the rainbow in the cross stitch I just started
- sewing: sew the skinny jeans I’ve had cut out for ages (I’m currently waiting on thread), sew one of the tops I have plans for and cut the other two out (this is part of Curious Handmade Wardrobe Challenge)
- needle felt a robin for a Christmas wreath
Okay that seems like a lot written out like that, fingers crossed I get somewhere.