And then there were 5…

Thanks to cooperative children I’ve finished sewing all 5 of the size 3 dresses for Hobbit. I barely used the pattern and skipped or reordered a few steps as I got further into the pile. They’ve come out pretty well – my top stitching is not the tidiest though. I was successful in buttonhole making with only one coming out a bit crooked and managed to make them all big enough for the buttons too. I did not manage to make my own bias binding for any of them. I’d planned to for the purple and the light blue but had enough fabric leftover that I’d like to do something else with so ended up trimming the purple with black binding and the light blue butterflies with navy.

I ended up with different buttons on the purple – sparkly ones as requested by Hobbit and she also chose to have ladybirds on the butterfly dress. Otherwise all was to plan.

Size 3 dresses for Hobbit

Pattern: New Look 6016

Sewn for: Hobbit

Fabric: Various from myfabrics.co.uk

Size: 3 year

Thread: Gutermann 000 (black), 11 (navy), 23 (brown), light blue (195), purple (257)

Advertisements

1 Comment

Filed under Hobbit, Sewing

One response to “And then there were 5…

  1. Pingback: I made a bag… | little grey hedgehog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s