Remember the cross stitches I finished back in March? I finally got around to framing them today after having the hoops sitting around for several weeks. I used the tutorial found at Floss & Mischief. It was the first one that popped up on my search and seemed straight forward enough. I would recommend a bit more thread than they suggest for stitching the backing on but that is probably because I wasn’t doing very small stitches at all (they did start out small but I got impatient). I used felt for the backing (black on one and grey on the other as I didn’t have large enough pieces to fit both in one colour) and Gutermann Sulky thread for the stitching (it’s a bit thicker than normal sewing thread as it’s made for hand quilting).
Overall it was a pretty easy way to frame them and I don’t think they would look right in rectangular frames so I’m glad I’ve gone with this method. I do plan to hang them though I need hooks before I can but I’m enjoying looking at them for the time being.