So I finished the Fractal Cowl, and got working on the pair of socks I’d had living in my hospital bag (with the toe of one done). I wasn’t exactly expecting to work on them in labour or anything but wanted them there in case I got stuck in the hospital for most of a week like I did with the Hobbit. In the end they didn’t make it out of the bag but it was great to have the toe already done so I could just work round and round and round for a while. Progress slowed down again over the weekend as I was sick and working the heel but it’s done now and I can go back to going round and round for a while. They’re just a plain pair of socks using Rowan Hand Dye Effects yarn that I picked up on sale sometime last year.
I haven’t made any further progress on the Heather Hoodie Vest unfortunately because although it’s chunky (and on 6mm needles) it’s also got cables multiple cables across the rows and it’s proving a little bit much for my brain at the moment. Oh well it’ll hopefully get done before summer arrives.