I’ve been going on about this top I’m making for a while now but I’ve finally finished it and am wearing it today. It’s Simplicity 1805A view D. The fabric is a plum kind of colour and I managed to pick a thread that matched without remembering to take a scrap to the store.
Getting the gathers even was the hardest part and I don’t think they’re perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I’m quite pleased. I ended up shortening it a little (hobbit ran off with the scrap as a scarf) but might have shortened a little much or too much in the back. It’s perfectly wearable though and comfortable. I think I’d make it again but need to sort out why I keep getting snarls before I try another knit project. I bought the fabric from Vend Fabrics and I’m pretty pleased with the colour from choosing it unseen. I’ve got more than enough left over to play with and hopefully get the hang of knit fabrics a bit better. I’ve some patterns for children’s clothes that would probably work with the leftovers.
Next on the sewing list is a dress for hobbit. One of my mothers-in-law sent me three fabrics for Christmas to make things for the hobbit. So they’ve been washed and are ready for cutting out and sewing. They’re fabulously bright and cheerful.