I’ve finally finished the pair of denim overalls mentioned here. They took a lot longer than the cord ones as the hobbit is so much more mobile now and also less likely to nap. I used a separate colour for the topstitching – a multicoloured green/blue thread. I think if I was doing this again I would have chosen a darker thread (if I’d remembered to take the fabric with me when I purchased it I would definitely have picked darker but the colour in my head was much lighter than reality). I had a few issues with lining up the topstitching neatly – this could have been avoided by working more slowly but sewing time is limited these days and by the end I really wanted to get them finished.
Next up (after Christmas sewing) is a pair of fleece overalls and then some trousers.